Don't spend Thanksgiving in the kitchen, let Lucy's do the cooking. Click HERE to see our Menu!
Grilled Pizza Recipe
Great fun, grill your own pizzas Makes three individual pizzas
For the toppings (just suggestions!)
- 1/3 pound fresh mozzarella, grated
- 1/3 pound Italian Fontina, grated
- 1/3 pound fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, thinly sliced and julienned
- 1 bunch arugula, cleaned and dried
- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 bunch basil leaves, cleaned and dried
- 4 garlic cloves, roasted
- Crushed red pepper flakes (Any ingredients will work use your favorites, peppers , mushrooms or onions should all be cooked ahead of time)
- 1/2 cup good olive oil Cornmeal
If you've chilled the dough, take it out of the refrigerator approximately 30 minutes ahead to let it come to room temperature.
Divide the dough into 3 equal parts and roll each one into a smooth ball. Place the balls on a baking sheet and cover them with a damp towel. Allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes before using.
Roll and stretch each ball into a rough 8-inch circle and place them all on baking sheets sprinkled with cornmeal. (You will be able to fit 2 pizzas on each 18 by 13-inch baking sheet.)
Light your grill and wait until it's hot and no flame.
Place the pizzas directly onto the grill and cook on 1 side for 2-3 minutes. Turn the pizzas over and brush with olive oil or garlic oil. It should be firm and easily picked up.
Remove from grill and put your topping on.
Drizzle each pizza with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Put back on the grill with the lid on for 5 more minutes until the crust is crisp and the toppings are cooked.